Skip to main content

Recipe from Happy Hour- Kat’s Fettuccine, Goat cheese and Pancetta

You can find more than recipes in my book Happy Hour, there's an interview with myself, and book club questions. 

Kat’s Fettuccine, Goat cheese and Pancetta



1 cup dry white wine

2 Tbs. minced shallots

5 oz goat cheese

Salt and freshly ground pepper

Pinch crushed red chili flakes

½ lb. dried fettuccine

½ cup chopped pancetta or bacon (you can also use chicken or shrimp)

2 Tbs. olive oil

4 oz. fresh baby spinach

2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil



In a medium saucepan combine the white wine, shallots. Over high heat, reduce the liquid b half, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the goat cheese until the mixture is smooth, season with ½ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. pepper, and the red chili flakes, and set aside.

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until just cooked, 9 to 11 minutes. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water, drain the pasta, and set aside.

Heat 1 tbs. of the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat brown up pancetta or bacon (if bacon there is no need to use the olive oil until you add the spinach). Add the remaining 1 tbs. olive oil and the spinach and sauté until it’s wilted, about 2 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine the pasta with the goat cheese sauce, add the spinach and pancetta. Season with salt and pepper and serve in warm bowls, topped with basil.


This recipe would pair nicely with a pinot noir or lighter syrah. If you prefer a white wine chardonnay would work well.

Cheers,

Michele

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blogger Jessica Park and Chapter One of "Cook the Books."

I am very happy today to have my good friend Jessica Park share the first chapter of her next book, "Cook the Books," due out in March. If you haven't read a Gourmet Girl Mystery, you need to. They're everything a good mystery should be and more--They're funny, romantic, mysterious(duh) and just plain fun. Do yourself a favor and read the entire series. You won't be sorry! Without further ado... Chapter 1 I have a love-hate relationship with Craigslist. On the one hand, I adore poking through the online classifieds for items I don’t even want—Swedish bobbin winders, chicken coops, vintage Christmas ornaments—and for enviable extravagances that I can’t afford—like the services of someone to come to my house to change the cat litter. On the other hand, I hate getting sucked into the vortex of randomly searching for weird items and unaffordable services instead of looking for what I actually need. For example, at the moment, I absolutely had to find a part-time j...

Powerless and Pissy

(The kid and I wrote this blog yesterday, but I'm happy to say we now have power!) Oh. God. Killlll meeeeeee! It’s Friday night and we haven’t had power since just before midnight on Thursday. I’m a baby about this. People have gone without the comforts of electricity for much longer than this, but I am near the edge of insanity. I have zero coping skills. Thursday 12: 10 a.m.: Wind is atrocious. Howling, annoying, relentless. The last woman is about to skate her individual Olympic performance and the power cuts out. Not that I even really follow women’s ice-skating, but I was following it at the moment. The noise outside is enough to wake the dead and I’m hearing something suspicious going on with the deck. I could maybe tolerate noise and fear of exploding transformers, but I cannot sleep without my beloved white noise machine. Will pray that husband falls into some sort of rhythmic and soothing snoring pattern. 12:35 a.m.: Husband is indeed snoring, but sound is laced with a...

I Need a Name for My Next Victim

So I have finally started breathing new energy into my writing career. Yes--I have been in a slump. I'll admit it. Life became insanely stressful and busy over this past year and instead of my usual 3 books a year, I have not written a manuscript for a year. Gulp--I said it--well sort of (I wrote it). Lucky for me, I did have some new books released into the world, (Patron and Happy Hour) but now it's time to get back to business. My problem as a writer has always been that I have a bazillion ideas running through my head at any given time, and I want to write them ALL right at that moment. That becomes overwhelming because let's face it, it's an impossible task. Then, I lose my focus in the haze of overwhelm and I top it off with outside stress from just plain old life, and then all I want to do is go spend time with my horses because 1. they don't talk back., 2. they are very forgiving souls, 3. they don't judge. In other words, they are perfect for stress r...