Skip to main content

Lucky # 7

It's been awhile since I've been on Adventuresnwriting. Lots of stuff has happened since I've last been here to say, "hi," and give a little tidbit into the life of a writer, mother, friend, et al. Life has been busy and full of all sorts of distractions. But who needs distractions and busy?  Instead, I want to talk about "Who is on my Island." You know what I mean. It's that handful of  people you would want on your deserted island. The ones you won't get tired of gawking at. It's like watching "The Bachelor" without any guilt.  Here is my list.

1. Sting--Um..."Sacred Love" should say it all, or how about "Every Little Thing She Does." Oh, and I know it kind of shows my age because I am not choosing Zac Efron (who's name I am probably not spelling right, but I do find adorable, however, having sons way closer to young, hot Zac's age, just well,...NO) but back to STING. I just think he's hot. No argument. He is.

2. Bono--So way cool and sexy, and what a lyricist and he's Catholic and Irish--so the lilt alone is worth lying on my deserted island and listening to him read prose to me. I am licking my lips. And we can confess together to whatever...

3. Eddie Vedder (yes, I am seeing a pattern here--I was a big time groupie in my past life). Eddie's voice alone makes me swoon. Plus, he loves the Earth and people and he's just so sexy and mhhmh.... So I like rock stars.

4. Kelly Slater--I could watch this guy surf waves all day from my perch on the island. Have you seen that bod? Yeah well, if you haven't, you really should.

5. Hugh Jackman--:"Australia." "Deception." Watch the movies, you will get it if you can't already see that Hugh is HOT and smart and sexy and HOT!!!!

6. Enrique Iglesias. See photo. Need I say more?

7. So I am pretty happy with my little island. But I have to add my lucky # 7. My husband John. He knows exactly how to start off my Sunday morning just right. I get a breakfast burrito from Nico's Taco Shop and coffee in bed--and that's all I'm saying, but yep--he'd be on my island  for sure.

Now, I want to know who you're top seven is? Who is on your island? Guys or girls (as if any guys read our blog--or as if anyone reads our blog)--who could you gawk at all day and likely never bore of them?

Cheers!
Michele

Comments

Unknown said…
Mine: Rick Springfield (obviously), the inventor of the Coolatta, hottie Taylor Kitsch (Riggins from Friday Night Lights), Mark Wahlberg (will bring free undies and can do "Good Vibrations" duet with Rick), Santa Claus (I like presents), Tiger Woods (will tell good stories), and David Letterman ( just love him.)
Unknown said…
I thought about saying Stephen King because he could tell me stories, but he would just scare the crap out of me. haha!

If I'm just going to look at them..hard to say. Johnny Depp would be on the list but he has to shave his facial hair and get a haircut. I'm just saying. Christian Bale. Those are the only two I can think of at the moment...but I'm sure there are more. haha!

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blogger Jessica Park and Chapter One of "Cook the Books."

I am very happy today to have my good friend Jessica Park share the first chapter of her next book, "Cook the Books," due out in March. If you haven't read a Gourmet Girl Mystery, you need to. They're everything a good mystery should be and more--They're funny, romantic, mysterious(duh) and just plain fun. Do yourself a favor and read the entire series. You won't be sorry! Without further ado... Chapter 1 I have a love-hate relationship with Craigslist. On the one hand, I adore poking through the online classifieds for items I don’t even want—Swedish bobbin winders, chicken coops, vintage Christmas ornaments—and for enviable extravagances that I can’t afford—like the services of someone to come to my house to change the cat litter. On the other hand, I hate getting sucked into the vortex of randomly searching for weird items and unaffordable services instead of looking for what I actually need. For example, at the moment, I absolutely had to find a part-time j

Powerless and Pissy

(The kid and I wrote this blog yesterday, but I'm happy to say we now have power!) Oh. God. Killlll meeeeeee! It’s Friday night and we haven’t had power since just before midnight on Thursday. I’m a baby about this. People have gone without the comforts of electricity for much longer than this, but I am near the edge of insanity. I have zero coping skills. Thursday 12: 10 a.m.: Wind is atrocious. Howling, annoying, relentless. The last woman is about to skate her individual Olympic performance and the power cuts out. Not that I even really follow women’s ice-skating, but I was following it at the moment. The noise outside is enough to wake the dead and I’m hearing something suspicious going on with the deck. I could maybe tolerate noise and fear of exploding transformers, but I cannot sleep without my beloved white noise machine. Will pray that husband falls into some sort of rhythmic and soothing snoring pattern. 12:35 a.m.: Husband is indeed snoring, but sound is laced with a

DADDY'S HOME

This is the book that really started it all in some ways for me. I'd been writing and publishing for eight years under my name. I'd written the Nikki Sands and Michaela Bancroft mystery series before DADDY'S HOME came out and I'd built a decent cozy mystery genre readership. I'd actually written Daddy's Home before MURDER UNCORKED came out because my initial intent as a writer was to be a thriller author. However, after sending Daddy's Home out on A LOT of unsolicited submissions I hadn't found representation and the idea for Murder Uncorked came to me...and viola...an agent loved it and sold three books in that series (two of them hadn't been written yet) in two weeks after signing me. Nine books in the two different series later both series were dropped and I found myself asking...what next? It was about that time that Amazon started the KDP program for Indies and I had five manuscripts that hadn't been published and none of them were what re