Skip to main content

Dedication for Covert Reich

When I write a dedication of a book to someone I take some time to think about who the book "belongs" to other than the readers, which I hope that readers know any book I write is always dedicated to them. However, there is always one or two people who I dedicate a book to because they played an important part in having the book come to life. Sometimes the person playing that role may not even be aware of the part they've played.

With my new thriller COVERT REICH out next week, I wanted to post on today's blog who I am dedicating the book to and why. There are two Alex's in my life that this book "belongs" to. The first Alex is my son. If you read yesterday's blog then it's kind of obvious as to why I would dedicate the book to him. The other Alex who I am dedicating COVERT REICH to is actually a friend I met on twitter (of all places). Alex Johnston started following me a few months back. He e-mailed me to let me know how much he enjoyed the A.K. Alexander books. He was also a huge help in providing me with a push to get this book done. If you have read some of the blogs over the past few months then you know it hasn't been easy in my world lately. I had some stuff happen within our family, and then I received some major reamage on both DADDY'S HOME and MOMMY, MAY I?  from readers who wrote some real nasty reviews on amazon. To my chagrin when I read over the reviews, I realized that I had uploaded first draft versions of those two manuscripts for Kindle. BIG OOPS! Anyway, the reviews and all the other stuff that went down kind of took the wind out of my sails and made me doubt if I should be writing at all. However, my friend Alex Johnston wrote me and insisted I keep going. He told all of his family and friends to read my stuff, and he Tweets my work all the time. I figured that if I had even just one reader who loved the work as much as Alex does then I am good. I will keep on writing. So, for his kindness to a writer he doesn't even really know and because I feel as if I have met a kindred soul who lives across the pond, this book is dedicated to him. Thank You, Alex, for lifting me up right when I needed it.

Cheers,
Michele

P.S. As promised, here is the back cover copy of COVERT REICH. Come back tomorrow and read the first chapter.

Young, homeless, pregnant minority women and their unborn infants are dying in the emergency rooms in East Los Angeles…

When three pregnant, homeless women die within a week of one another inside the emergency room of County Hospital in East Los Angeles, Dr. Kelly Morales begins to question why and how. When Dr. Morales attempts to question her colleague pathologist Dr. Jake Hamilton he becomes agitated and obviously anxious at her questions. Hours later Dr. Hamilton is murdered.

A cryptic e-mail is sent to journalist Georgia (Gem) Michaels insisting she look into the brutal slaying of a San Diego County family in 2008 that was chalked up to The Mexican Cartel. The e-mail also insists she keeps an eye on her neighbor. At first, Gem thinks the e-mail is nothing but a joke, but her gut tells her that maybe checking out her handsome but odd neighbor is worth her time.

Terrorized and brutalized chemist Dr. Ryan Horner is being held against his will. He knows that if he does not do the bidding of a group who call themselves The Brotherhood that the lives of his wife and children are at grave risk.

In a race against good versus true evil, Dr. Kelly Morales, Gem Michaels, Dr. Ryan Horner, and Detective Tony Pazzini search to uncover the truth and expose it behind the deaths and murders that make up Project Covert Reich.











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blogger Jessica Park and Chapter One of "Cook the Books."

I am very happy today to have my good friend Jessica Park share the first chapter of her next book, "Cook the Books," due out in March. If you haven't read a Gourmet Girl Mystery, you need to. They're everything a good mystery should be and more--They're funny, romantic, mysterious(duh) and just plain fun. Do yourself a favor and read the entire series. You won't be sorry! Without further ado... Chapter 1 I have a love-hate relationship with Craigslist. On the one hand, I adore poking through the online classifieds for items I don’t even want—Swedish bobbin winders, chicken coops, vintage Christmas ornaments—and for enviable extravagances that I can’t afford—like the services of someone to come to my house to change the cat litter. On the other hand, I hate getting sucked into the vortex of randomly searching for weird items and unaffordable services instead of looking for what I actually need. For example, at the moment, I absolutely had to find a part-time j

DADDY'S HOME

This is the book that really started it all in some ways for me. I'd been writing and publishing for eight years under my name. I'd written the Nikki Sands and Michaela Bancroft mystery series before DADDY'S HOME came out and I'd built a decent cozy mystery genre readership. I'd actually written Daddy's Home before MURDER UNCORKED came out because my initial intent as a writer was to be a thriller author. However, after sending Daddy's Home out on A LOT of unsolicited submissions I hadn't found representation and the idea for Murder Uncorked came to me...and viola...an agent loved it and sold three books in that series (two of them hadn't been written yet) in two weeks after signing me. Nine books in the two different series later both series were dropped and I found myself asking...what next? It was about that time that Amazon started the KDP program for Indies and I had five manuscripts that hadn't been published and none of them were what re

Powerless and Pissy

(The kid and I wrote this blog yesterday, but I'm happy to say we now have power!) Oh. God. Killlll meeeeeee! It’s Friday night and we haven’t had power since just before midnight on Thursday. I’m a baby about this. People have gone without the comforts of electricity for much longer than this, but I am near the edge of insanity. I have zero coping skills. Thursday 12: 10 a.m.: Wind is atrocious. Howling, annoying, relentless. The last woman is about to skate her individual Olympic performance and the power cuts out. Not that I even really follow women’s ice-skating, but I was following it at the moment. The noise outside is enough to wake the dead and I’m hearing something suspicious going on with the deck. I could maybe tolerate noise and fear of exploding transformers, but I cannot sleep without my beloved white noise machine. Will pray that husband falls into some sort of rhythmic and soothing snoring pattern. 12:35 a.m.: Husband is indeed snoring, but sound is laced with a