Skip to main content

Shrimp Salad Recipe from Happy Hour

It is raining yet again here in San Diego.  But that doesn't mean you cant enjoy some tasty recipes from Michele Scott's book Happy Hour.  Don't forget about the contest going on to win a free Kindle or Nook.  All you have to do is purchase either a copy of Happy Hour or El Patron off of http://www.amazon.com/ or http://www.bn.com/, forward the proof of purchase to HappyHourBook@gmail.com and type in either Nook or Kindle in the subject line. The winner will be announced in the December issue of my newsletter, which is you want to subscribe to, all you have to do is e-mail me at the same e-mail HappyHourBook@gmail.com and type in Newsletter in the subject line and Viola!

Alyssa’s Shrimp Salad




3 fresh pears

Salad greens

1 lb cooked shrimp-medium size

1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper

¼ cup chopped green onion

1 cup chopped celery

1/3 cup mayonnaise

½ teaspoon chipotle or some type of red pepper powder

½ teaspoon chopped garlic

½ cup feta cheese

½ teaspoon grated lemon peel

1 teaspoon lemon juice

¼ teaspoon salt



Core pears; cut into narrow wedges. Arrange on lettuce lined salad plates.

Combine shrimp, celery, green pepper, cheese and green onions.

Blend mayonnaise, garlic, pepper powder, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt. Toss with shrimp. Top pears with the mixture. Serve with a crisp sauvignon blanc.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blogger Jessica Park and Chapter One of "Cook the Books."

I am very happy today to have my good friend Jessica Park share the first chapter of her next book, "Cook the Books," due out in March. If you haven't read a Gourmet Girl Mystery, you need to. They're everything a good mystery should be and more--They're funny, romantic, mysterious(duh) and just plain fun. Do yourself a favor and read the entire series. You won't be sorry! Without further ado... Chapter 1 I have a love-hate relationship with Craigslist. On the one hand, I adore poking through the online classifieds for items I don’t even want—Swedish bobbin winders, chicken coops, vintage Christmas ornaments—and for enviable extravagances that I can’t afford—like the services of someone to come to my house to change the cat litter. On the other hand, I hate getting sucked into the vortex of randomly searching for weird items and unaffordable services instead of looking for what I actually need. For example, at the moment, I absolutely had to find a part-time j

DADDY'S HOME

This is the book that really started it all in some ways for me. I'd been writing and publishing for eight years under my name. I'd written the Nikki Sands and Michaela Bancroft mystery series before DADDY'S HOME came out and I'd built a decent cozy mystery genre readership. I'd actually written Daddy's Home before MURDER UNCORKED came out because my initial intent as a writer was to be a thriller author. However, after sending Daddy's Home out on A LOT of unsolicited submissions I hadn't found representation and the idea for Murder Uncorked came to me...and viola...an agent loved it and sold three books in that series (two of them hadn't been written yet) in two weeks after signing me. Nine books in the two different series later both series were dropped and I found myself asking...what next? It was about that time that Amazon started the KDP program for Indies and I had five manuscripts that hadn't been published and none of them were what re

Powerless and Pissy

(The kid and I wrote this blog yesterday, but I'm happy to say we now have power!) Oh. God. Killlll meeeeeee! It’s Friday night and we haven’t had power since just before midnight on Thursday. I’m a baby about this. People have gone without the comforts of electricity for much longer than this, but I am near the edge of insanity. I have zero coping skills. Thursday 12: 10 a.m.: Wind is atrocious. Howling, annoying, relentless. The last woman is about to skate her individual Olympic performance and the power cuts out. Not that I even really follow women’s ice-skating, but I was following it at the moment. The noise outside is enough to wake the dead and I’m hearing something suspicious going on with the deck. I could maybe tolerate noise and fear of exploding transformers, but I cannot sleep without my beloved white noise machine. Will pray that husband falls into some sort of rhythmic and soothing snoring pattern. 12:35 a.m.: Husband is indeed snoring, but sound is laced with a